Friday, September 16, 2011

Plain Jane to Flower Power

Back in the spring, I bought a couple of Iris Photo Cases (at Michaels, they're $1.49 regular price) during a 50% off sale. They only had a lime green & a hot pink color; both colors I love. While cleaning out a couple of drawers (I purge unnecessary items like a hoarder collects items), I found the cases & decided that I would play with one to spice it up.

As you can see, it's a plain jane case. I sifted through my collection of random cardstock that might coordinate with it. The one piece that seemed to coordinate was We R Memory Keepers' Grandma's Kitchen :: Flower Frills.

I used some tracing paper to cut out the right shape and then traced over the cardstock to get the sizing right. After a light coat of Mod Podge Gloss, I was ready to lay down the paper.

I waited until the first Mod Podge layer was dried to coat top part of the paper. Lately, I've been experimenting with glitter + Mod Podge (without buying the Shimmer, Sparkles, or Glitter bottles). I added a light dusting of gold & silver glitter and waited until it was dry.

I forgot to mention in my introduction that I'm the least patient person when it comes to crafting.

Ready to see what it looks like now?

No comments:

Post a Comment