Monday, March 26, 2012

Hats, Hats, Hats!

Summer hats have been my obsession for last couple of weeks. I just can't stop stumbling upon a pretty lace stitch I like in my "400 Knitting Stitches" reference book, and ideas for my own lacey patterns keep me from falling asleep in a timely manner. Because of this, I have continued putting off my husband's plea for a line of Lantern hats. (Any of you nerds out there know that means NINE hats. NINE. With crazy inlays!)


This is the first summer I hat I whipped up. Inspired by open work lace. Simple, classic, and a great touch to tank tops and flippy flops. 


I think this hat... well, it just might be my favorite. It has lots of slouch, lots of open work, and when I saw this yarn I was instantly head over heels for the color. The camera faded it out, some, but it's a real wild color of purple.

Now I'm currently working on another lace chart. Anyone who has ever designed their own panel of lace knows how frustrated I am right now, but I will prevail! I also have a lot of ideas in the works for a Skyrim hat; something very different than what you're expecting.

What is everyone else working on as of late? Summer always throws us knitters for a loop. 

No comments:

Post a Comment