Thursday, December 15, 2011

Hats, and Crafts, and Storage, Oh My!

I've recently been pretty busy with work lately... But I still find time for my knitting, and random crafts.

So here we go!

I recently finished a cabled slouchy hat, just for myself (and a second one that is available on my Etsy page), I find myself knitting so much for others, and very rarely for myself. I used a pattern located here:

http://azknits.azure-m.com/2010/11/free-pattern-quick-cable-slouch-hat.html

I ended up editing the pattern much more than I had expected. I wanted a larger cable pannel, and a more noticeable "flower" on the top of the hat.

For those interested, I will post my pattern tweaks (with credit to AZURE of course), in a later posting.



I have loved slouchy hats for a long time, but somehow never owned one. (I know, how does that happen? :P) I love wearing this hat, it's also the first time I've used a Cascade yarn, and there is no going back for me. I also got a ball of black Merino, I'm currently knitting up a lace cowl with it, and the feel is amazing, but I think after all this lace, I'll need a good solid knitting project.

I also spent a good part of a weekend spray painting the left over containers in my home with my husband.


This lil' baby is a lysol wipes container, turned into a perfect yarn container. I am the type of knitter who is forever tangling my yarn into a huge ball of knots, and this is a godsend. I will definitely be making more.


And last, but certainly not least, these jars were spaghetti sauce jars, and with a little string, hot glue, and spray paint, they've now become well loved, and used decoration/storage. As any knitter knows, we have too many stitch markers, point protectors, stitch holders, t pins, and cable needles to ever be contained in one of those nifty storage solutions.

Well, that's all I have for you for now. Merry Christmas all! 



No comments:

Post a Comment