Friday, January 25, 2013

On The Needles

Wow! It has been awhile since I've mosied over to my very own blog. I'm sorry guys... if any of you followers are left!

Life has been absolutely crazy for me lately. My husband and I have been handling his outprocessing, and getting me moved back home to Michigan while he's abroad. On top of that, we've been trying to get information on how to handle our move to Italy once his service overseas will be done. It's been a mess. But we did our best to enjoy this last years festivities together, as we won't be able to be together next Christmas.I also had a bad bought with the flu, and then a back injury during the holiday season, so I'm finally bouncing back from that.

And then (yes, there's more) my sister announced that she's 3 months pregnant with her first child. Being a dutiful sister and soon-to-be-Aunt, I, of course, have launched head first into tons and tons of baby knitting. The silver lining of all this baby knitting is that it's pushed me out of my "comfort zone" with my knitting. I seemed to have fallen into a hat, cowl and mitten slump and now I'm having to get back into doing all of that small circumference in-the-round work.

So, now that I'm done making excuses for my abcense, it's time to get back to the blogging! It will be nice for me to have something to be a bit of a distraction when the hubs does leave.

I have several WIP's going on right now (If you're new to knitting or crochet - a WIP is a "work in progress"), it's an illness really - I can't stop myself from casting on every pretty, or cute item that catches my eye or tickles my fancy.


The Inga Hat (Found here on Ravelry!), this hat has been an experience for me. Being that it's the first time I've done a pretty heavy piece of color work, and haven't had to frog back rows and rows of my work at a time (touch wood!), and I'm nearly finished. 


Fair warning, though, this sock pattern has been very frustrating for me. The directions have been rather vague and hard to follow, and I've found myself having to figure a lot of it out by trial and error (and way too much frogging for what should be a quick knit). Although it's entirely possible that this is a personal problem, and I'm a little more dense than I'd like to admit. For the brave, or the more talented, the sock pattern can be found here.


These gloves are being completely patterened by myself. I couldn't find a pattern on Ravelry that really fit my needs, or that my husband liked. So I decided to give it a go myself and see what I could come up with. When I finish, I'll most likely post the pattern here.


The last of the current WIPS, it's a baby towl for my sister, which will have a hood and be a frog when it's all wrapped up. 

And that's all she wrote, folks! I'll definitely be back with more tutorials soon! What are all of you working on?!

Allonsy

No comments:

Post a Comment