Friday, February 8, 2013

Review: Sockupied Spring 2013

Year after year I've seen the newest issues of Sockupied come out, available by direct download. And year after year I held off from making the purchase. For one, I wasn't a big sock knitter at the time, and I figured with enough research I could just learn the techniques on my own. This year I broke down (especially after seeing Alice Yu's "Deuce" socks!), and decided to make the purchase.

First I'll go over everything that comes with this $7.99 purchase.
  • 5 beautiful sock patterns 
  • 3 heel techniques, taught in writing, diagram and video
  • Clear, helpful instruction for subbing in a heel technique you like for one you might not favor
  • Tips and techniques to custom fit your socks to you (or your loved ones) special feet 
Now, for my review: 

I am 100% satisfied with my purchase. The things I've found in this ebook have helped boost my confidence for future pattern modifications, and imbued me with the knowledge of 3 more heel techniques. No longer am I stuck in my comfort zone of the YO heel. Alice Yu's shadow wrapping heel is now my new favorite, and can be used both for a wedge heel and an hourglass heel. Having options in your knitting is a wonderful feeling.

The patterns included in the ebook are clearly written, and easily knit on DPN's, two circs, or in magic loop. All of the patterns, in my opinion, are beautiful and I can't wait to add them to my humble sock drawer when my recent sock yarn order arrives. I would recommend this download to both new and experience sock knitters, because I feel there's something all experience levels could take from this book. 

You can see I've already put the skills learned to use in my version of Weeping Angel socks, where instead of the bulkier heel in the pattern, I've used the shadow wrap heel. 



You can purchase this Sockupied here

And before you start thinking that I'm getting paid for this review - I'm not. I bought the ebook with my own funds, and wrote this review from my own desire to do so. I wanted all of my fellow knitters to know how I enjoyed this purchase before jumping in and making it for themselves. 

Allonsy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment